State media say, the blast targeted St George’s Coptic church in the city of Tanta in the Nile Delta.
The cause of the explosion is not yet known, but Egypt’s Christian minority has often been targeted by Islamist militants in recent years.
It was timed for maximum impact, as people gathered to mark Palm Sunday. Egyptian security forces had been put on alert in anticipation of such an attack.
Provincial Governor Ahmad Deif told the state-run Nile channel that either a bomb was planted or someone blew himself up. A search is under way for any more explosives which could be in the vicinity.
VENEZUELA BURNS FOR DEMOCRACY
BY VANESSA NEUMANN
CPR LAND RIGHTS INITIATIVE AND CENTRE ON LAW AND SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION PRESENT RESEARCH ON “THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF LAND RIGHTS AND FEDERALISM IN THE FIFTH AND SIXTH SCHEDULE AREAS”
- No data existed on the extent of geographical area in the Scheduled Areas. Based on extensive Census 2011 village and district level mapping of data, the Initiative has determined that 10.5% of all India’s geographical area lies within the Scheduled Areas.
- Based on Census 2011 data available with the Initiative, even though the Scheduled areas were designated tribal majority areas, on average today, only 30% of the population in the Scheduled areas is tribal. That is, in actual fact, the designated tribal majority areas are tribal minority areas today due to continuous displacement of the tribals.
- On all three narratives of development, representation, and rights to land, the Scheduled Tribes are pitted against the dominant mainstream of Indian society. The power imbalance between the tribals and the mainstream society requires both protective laws and a powerful state disposed towards the protection of the Scheduled Tribes.
- The special protective provisions in the Fifth and Sixth Schedules cannot be seen in a vacuum but have to be seen against the backdrop of a contrary legal regime of land acquisition, forest and mining laws, through which the state actively displaces and facilitates the displacement of tribals from the Scheduled Areas.
- The protective legal regimes fail also because of meagre financial allocations for their implementation and active subversion or confused implementation of the regimes by the administration.
- Gippy Grewal
- Sonam Bajwa (Sardaar ji 2 and Punjab 1984Fame)
- Karamjit Anmol (Jatt & Juliet, Carry on Jatta Fame)
This week, in a devastating attack against Syrian civilians, President Bashar al-Assad broke with the international prohibition against chemical weapons and killed over 70 men, women, and children with Sarin gas.
Assad’s attack is not an isolated incident; his regime has waged warfare against the Syrian people for more than six years, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in the process.
The war in Syria is an international crisis that requires a comprehensive strategy to finally end.
That’s why we’re calling on President Trump to work with the international community to immediately address the human rights abuses perpetrated against civilians by the Assad regime and by ISIS, and advance an end to the conflict.
And if we truly want to protect innocent Syrians, we cannot turn our back on the millions of refugees desperately fleeing the fighting. Many of those we’ve shut our doors on are victims of vicious attacks like those carried out by the Assad regime this week.
Join us in calling on the Trump Administration to renew strong and sustained diplomatic efforts to find a solution to the crisis, and to welcome those fleeing the war’s horrors.
|State/cities||No of affordable houses to be built||Investment (Cr)|
(Mumbai,Nagpur, Ahmednagar,Jalna, Banm,Nashik, Malegaon,Pune, Satara, Solapur)
(Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar,Rajkot, Mehsana,
Bharuch, Bhavnagar,Navsari, Modasa,Palanpur,
|National Capital Region of Delhi||41,921||6,211|
|Karnataka (Bengaluru, Gulbarga, Hubli)||7,037||1,679|
|Uttar Pradesh (Agra, Allahabad,Bareily, Jhansi,|
Kanpur and Varanasi)
|West Bengal (Kolkata)||2,955||663|
|Madhya Pradesh (Indore, Ujjain)||1,517||284|
|Kerala (Trivendrum, Calicut, Kochi, Ernakulam)||1,372||186|
|Tamil Nadu (Chennai, Coimattore, Tiruchirapalli)||834||145|
|Andhra Pradesh (Tirupati)||50||10|