“The CPEC project will encourage regional trade and connectivity. Hundreds of thousands of people will benefit from it,” the PM Nawaz Sharif, premier remarked.
- P is for production and productivity,
- R is for Research & Development,
- I is for Indian-made Steel,
- D is for demand increase and
- E is for Excellence in Quality of steel.
DELHI, April 5, 2017 – Eighteen Swimmers representing India Swimmers who train at the Glenmark Aquatic Foundation (GAF) and SAI Glenmark TIDM (Talent Identification Development and Management) program won a total 5 Gold, 8 Silvers and 4 Bronze medals at the Thailand Age Group Swimming Championships held at Bangkok between April 1st– 5th 2017.
|Swadesh Mondal||Kushagra Rawat|
|Gold||50 BR||00:32.70||Boys -Group-3||Gold||400 FS||04:10.28||Boys-Group-1|
|Gold||200 IM||02:19.24||Silver||200 FS||01:58.16|
|Gold||400 IM||04:58.02||Bastab Tapan Bordoloi|
|Silver||100 BR||01:11.80||Silver||100 Fly||00:59.43||Boys-Group-2|
|Silver||200 BR||02:34.02||Bronze||200 FS||02:02.40|
|Jyotsna Pansare||Xavier Dsouza|
|Bronze||200 BK||02:31.87||Girls-Open||Gold||200 BK||02:12.64||Boys-Group-1|
|Bronze||50 BK||00:31.58||Silver||100 FLY||00:57.12|
|Annie Jain||Vedant Bapna|
|Silver||200 BK||00:35.15||Girls-Group-2||Silver||200 BK||02:16.95||Boys-Group-2|
“Our fight is against those people who want to divide us on the basis of religion. I want to tell Modi saheb that tourism is our life no doubt about that, but a stone pelter has nothing to do with tourism. They (stone pelters) will risk starvation, but will throw stones for the nation that’s what we need to understand,” Farooq Abdullah told the party workers in Srinagar.
He further said if India and Pakistan cannot resolve their issues, then America should come forward and facilitate as third party to resolve issues between the two countries.
|Year||Import||Export||Total Trade||Trade Deficit|
|2015-2016(Apr to Feb)||56.91||8.23||65.14||48.68|
|2016-2017(Apr to Feb)*||55.63||8.94||64.57||46.69|
- The New Foreign Trade Policy (2015‐20) was announced on 1st April, 2015 with a focus on supporting both manufacturing and services exports and improving the ‘Ease of Doing Business’. The FTP introduced two new schemes, namely, ‘Merchandise Exports from India Scheme’ (MEIS) for incentivising export of specified goods to specified markets and ‘Service Exports from India Scheme’ (SEIS) for promoting export of notified services from India, by consolidating earlier schemes.
- In the light of the major challenges being faced by Indian exporters in the backdrop of the global economic slowdown, the envisaged revenue outgo under MEIS was increased from Rs. 18000 Crore to Rs. 21000 Crore in October 2015 with accompanying enhancement in benefits on certain products and inclusion of certain additional items.
- By way of trade facilitation and enhancing the ease of doing business Government has reduced the number of mandatory documents required for exports and imports. The trade community can file applications online for various trade related schemes.